ALIGN YOUR HEART WITH THE PURPOSE OF YOUR TRIP
If we’re honest with ourselves, sometimes we have ulterior motives for going on a mission trip. We want to travel. We want to get to know a certain guy or girl. We want to feel good about ourselves. We want to look like a better Christian when we get back.
But there’s a bigger purpose for your trip. Answer the following questions honestly, and avoid the tendency to just skim over them. Answering the questions below will help focus your mind and heart on the true purpose of your trip.
1) What are some of the reasons I am serving on this trip?
2) Do I have any ulterior motives for going on this mission trip? What are they?
3) Based on my current motives, if I left on my trip today, what would be my primary focus throughout the trip?
4) How might the community I’m traveling to feel about my current motives?
5) How might God feel about these motives?
6) What is the primary purpose of the trip?
7) What should I be focusing on?
8) What do I need to do to genuinely align my focus with the true purpose of the trip?